This year I’m continuing my journey toward getting into better shape and losing some weight. This involves simply making better food choices, tracking calories, less time sitting on my butt/more time moving, and running. Beginning to run anyway. I’ve got a long way to go.
I also lost my dad earlier this year so I’ll be discussing my ongoing battle with reconciling my feelings about the loss and moving on.
I work from home so I often feel the need to say “did you hear that, did you see that, omg can you believe……” but there’s no one there to talk to, therefore I blog. I don’t want to be one of those people who Facebooks or Tweets every thought that runs through my head.
Some basic tidbits about me:
- I’m 40-ish
- Have lost about 40 pounds in the last year
- Active stuff: Walking, running, yoga, geocaching.
- Hobbies I love that involve sitting on my butt: I play flute, piccolo, and fife, knitting & crochet, going to the symphony, board games, eating.
- I love coffee, sleeping, cats, and when big dogs refrain from jumping on me when I’m out running.
- I am frequently moody but attempt to view the world with glass half full attitude.
- My eating plan: Count calories, make good choices, satisfy cravings but by making smart choices (i.e. one piece of very good dark chocolate vs whole bag of M&Ms).
- My running gear: Nike Pegasus 28s, SmartWool running socks, compression capris, super heavy duty sports bra, iPhone, RoadID, sunglasses, attitude.